Senior Professional Services Consultant
Sales & Business Development
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the third time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating (4.7 out of 5!) reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation’s Professional Services team implements Alation at key customers, delivering immediate value, broad adoption with an unparalleled customer experience. We’re looking for someone excited to work with Alation’s industry leading technology to truly drive data culture at forward thinking enterprises. The right candidate loves engaging with customers, building trusted relationships and ensuring a high quality, timely implementation.A Consultant is an experienced member of the Alation Professional Services team who possesses deep data management expertise, technical expertise and an outstanding record of program delivery success.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead pre-engagement meetings with customers.
- Participate in account knowledge transfer sessions with Alation pre-sales.
- Lead the customer through on-premise and cloud based product installation procedures.
- Lead the customer through single sign-on, authentication configuration to LDAP or ActiveDirectory
- Configure out-of-the-box database, file system and Business Intelligence tool connectors.
- Leverage our REST APIs to build virtual data sources using modern languages.
- Populate the loading of metadata from databases, file systems and BI tools.
- Define and populate data classifications, domains, taxonomies, glossaries, articles content, and lineage.
- Deliver customer training and enablement
- Provide project status reports and briefings.
You should have:
- Minimum 5+ years of consulting experience in a lead role.
- Experience delivering services as part of a software company.
- Data management experience with data analytics, data governance, data quality, master data management, and/or reference data
- Experience administering Linux operating systems
- Experience with Azure, AWS, and GCP cloud deployments
- Experience with multiple databases and excellent SQL skills.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools, including Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, and Microstrategy.
- Experience using python and RestAPIs.
- Energized and excited about being in a high growth, startup environment
- Passionate about continuously innovating and improving.
- Comfortable working in a non-traditional office environment using virtual teaming and working remotely.
- Passionate about ensuring customers get maximum value out of their investment.
- Willing to travel 30%.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
See more open positions at TenOneTen Ventures
Something looks off?