VP, Product Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Product
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
The Vice President, Product Marketing will lead Alation’s product marketing function and will be responsible for product messaging, product launch and GTM, competitive marketing, and analyst relations. The ideal candidate will have experience building and scaling high-performing product marketing teams while marketing to Data or Engineering personas.
What you will be doing:
- Partner with the CEO, CMO and Alation executive team to develop and refine Alation’s platform messaging.
- Work cross-functionally with other Marketing teams and Revenue Enablement to ensure product messaging is amplified in a consistent way across Alation’s external and internal channels.
- Own ‘better together’ messaging with key technology partners including Snowflake and Databricks.
- Build and implement repeatable and consistent product launch processes.
- Serve as key spokesperson to Alation’s customers, prospects, and analyst communities on topics related to the product roadmap, competitive positioning, and customer success.
- Lead a geographically distributed team of 10, spanning platform marketing, partner marketing, competitive marketing, and analyst relations.
What you need to have:
- Prior experience marketing B2B Enterprise products to Data or Engineering personas.
- Skilled writer with the ability to craft, review and edit compelling messaging across a variety of formats (web, presentations, whitepapers.)
- Compelling presenter to internal and external audiences across a range of forums (analyst briefings, customer EBCs, keynote presentations of up to 500 people.)
- Ability to articulate, enable and lead internal teams to execute against repeatable processes.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, ramp and scale high-performing teams, and manage PMM leaders.
- Strong collaboration skills across Marketing, and with cross-functional teams in Product and Sales
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!