Federal Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 8, 2023
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is looking for an experienced Federal Sales Development Representative to join our team. If you have an entrepreneurial fire and enjoy being on the front lines of a fast-moving start-up, we want to talk to you. SDRs are at the core of our marketing and sales strategies, helping us drive our growth in the Public Sector. You’ll be learning integral skills that will foster your professional development in years to come. Your contributions and growth will help fuel our mutual success.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with 1-3 yrs SDR/BDR or inside sales experience to join a PRE-IPO, Silicon Valley Data Catalog startup, based out of Redwood City, CA. This role will be working remotely. Alation company policy requires employees to be fully vaccinated to work in any of our offices or to participate in any company/team events.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Generate sales pipeline via outbound prospecting to target Public Sector/Federal accounts
- Leverage effective questioning techniques to generate interest and invoke curiosity
- Define an outbound strategy with Field counterparts by researching Federal Agencies to identify current and future Data Catalog/Governance trends/initiatives
- Effectively communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization, discussing the value of Alation to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Creating and executing creative sales/marketing campaigns
- LinkedIn – social selling and lead gen activity
- Salesforce – manage, organize, and update contacts database
- Outreach - experience with Outreach’s engagement platform would be beneficial
- Consistently work to deadlines and targets
Who You Are
- Articulate with strong business acumen
- Professional, creative, and a dynamic presence
- Demonstrated a high degree of success at university and/or enterprise inside sales
- The ability to work independently in an environment that changes rapidly (we are a startup).
- Must have strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Having a data analysis background is highly favored
- A positive attitude and a desire to build a world-class company, as well as a willingness to work closely with other functions within Alation to achieve that
- A strong focus on customer success
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities Excellent written and verbal communication in both
- Naturally curious, lifelong learner
- Proactive communication with your internal teams
The base salary range is specific to the United States. The salary of the final candidate selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to internal equity, experience, education, work location, specialty, and training. If the final candidate has a different level of experience, the base salary target range may be lower or higher than what is published.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!