Enterprise Solutions Engineer- Central
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is looking for a Solutions Engineer, Enterprise for our Central team. Alation’s Enterprise Solutions Engineers are a strategic technical resource aligned to Alation’s regional field account teams. Enterprise Solutions Engineers establish and maintain strong relationships with clients throughout the sales cycle and customer journey. They are deeply connected to our client's use case(s) and desired business outcomes from Alation. Through understanding this usage, they are able to clearly articulate detailed use case requirements. This knowledge empowers the account teams to ensure success in the implementation of the software and realization of the business value by the customer. They collaborate with the customer on activities to help drive significant value and high adoption of the catalog. Additionally, they are able to clearly describe product feedback and data back to the engineering and product teams.
A successful candidate must have strong organization and project management skills, as well as be able to distill complex information and concepts into simple-to-understand and practical business contexts for the prospect in both an empathetic and articulate manner. They may also train end users on the product and monitor the ongoing progress of product configuration to ensure success.
- Understanding customers’ business and technical requirements.
- Defining and demonstrating best practice solutions to meet the business objectives of those requirements.
- Quantifying the business value of the solution(s).
- Removing technical and process obstacles that prevent the successful implementation and adoption of Alation.
- Help existing customers adopt existing and new features by utilizing a blend of sales skills, technical software expertise, and a deep understanding of our customers' business processes.
- Provide objective feedback for Account Managers if customers are compatible with the recommended product and/or features.
- Identify and create repeatable adoption content including workshops, demos, blogs, tooling, etc.
- Package, publish, and promote existing content through various channels such as Alation Community, training platforms, and industry events.
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations and solutions.
- Evangelize the Alation Data Intelligence Platform for complex/expansion opportunities including demonstrating its potential for solutions covering the bigger ecosystem of data management, etc.
- Identify opportunities for expansion towards new use cases, proactively proposing ways to leverage the data catalog's capabilities.
- Identify technical risks which may derail a sale, renewal, or customer adoption of Alation.
- Share product feedback and enhancements to the Product and Engineering Team.
- Collaborate with the team on learnings and good practices.
- Lead, own, and execute pilots and workshops, while conveying business value to prospects and customers.
- Ideal candidates must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales and knowledge of related technologies (analytics, database, data integration, cloud platforms).
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Have or develop deep understanding of how to use the Alation Data Intelligence platform and customer use cases
- Familiarity with software development, integration, SQL, Python and API usage is advantageous.
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and meetings.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles or objectives through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Strong technical acumen with the ability to communicate complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Must be prepared for extensive travel to customers and marketing events.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!