North Carolina, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation’s Professional Services team implements Alation for key customers -- delivering immediate value and broad adoption with an unparalleled customer experience. We’re looking for someone excited to work with Alation’s industry-leading technology to truly drive data culture at forward-thinking enterprises.
A Technical Consultant is an experienced member of the Alation Professional Services team who possesses the drive and motivation to become an expert in data management, software deployment, in addition to a passion for making customers successful. They lead the installation and configuration of Alation software and creatively overcome a wide variety of complex technical challenges. The right candidate loves engaging with customers and possesses strong technical aptitude as well as the desire to learn complex technology.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the customer through on-premise and cloud-based product installation procedures
- Lead the customer through single sign-on, authentication configuration to LDAP or AD, and setup out-of-box database, file system, and business intelligence connectors
- Create custom database, file system, and BI tool connectors/feeds using scripts and the Alation REST API
- Troubleshoot issues customers experience during Alaiton installation or Connector configuration
- Document lessons learned, tips/tricks, and contribute knowledge base articles
- Participate in customer community forums
You should have:
- 3-8 years of customer-facing consulting experience required
- Prior experience delivering services as part of a software company
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to resolve technical challenges
- Professional customer-facing communications and client-management skills
- Experience administering Linux operating systems
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms: Azure, AWS, and GCP cloud deployments
- Experience with one or more databases: RDMS, NoSQL, Etc.
- Experience with single sign-on authentication configuration (LDAP, Active Directory, Oauth, etc.)
- Python or similar scripting and experience interacting with REST APIs
A big plus if you have experience in the following areas:
- Experience with Alation or other data catalog/metadata tools
- In depth understanding of tools in the big data domain: Business Intelligence, RDMS, ELT/ETL
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!