Senior Training Content Developer
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation seeks a highly technical Senior Training Content Developer to join the Alation University Training team in India. The ideal candidate will serve the technical training needs of customers, partners and employees by developing comprehensive and engaging training that transforms complex technical concepts into user-friendly training, setting up Alation users for success.
The candidate must be able to work independently or with other team members to create content quickly yet meet a high-quality standard.
What you’ll do:
* Gain a deep understanding of the product to translate complex product information into engaging training content.
* Perform job task analysis for different user roles to ensure training aligns with audience requirements.
* Perform research, analysis, and testing of new and existing data catalog features.
* Design and build solutions using existing content, SMEs, and developing additional content using available development tools.
* Identify technical resources and existing assets to fast-track solution creation.
* Collaborate with teams across the company to create and maintain engaging training content.
* Perform peer review of training content.
* Contribute to fast-paced product releases, including monthly releases.
You should have:
* Minimum of 3-5 years of experience creating technical training materials for self-service learning.
* Experience with training development tools such as Camtasia, Audacity, and LucidChart.
* Experience with Restful APIs and API tools such as Postman.
* Experience with data and big data concepts, data analysis, and BI solutions.
* A strong understanding of relational and other types of databases, including experience writing database queries using SQL.
* Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning theory.
* Must have good analytical and Interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently and with a team to meet a high-quality standard.
* Ability to work on moderate to high-complexity technical training tasks.
* Linux (Unix) application and command line experience.
A big plus if you have experience in the following areas:
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
* Be self-motivated to include creativity, curiosity, motivation, attention to detail, and a desire to reach the root cause.
* Experience designing diagrams and flowcharts using graphical tools is a plus.
* Familiarity and experience with the UX area of software products is a plus
* Experience with AWS is a plus.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!