Integration Engineer- FDE
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
We are looking for a skilled Java Developer to join the newly formed Forward Deployed Engineering team at Alation. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the design, development, and maintenance of custom connectors built on the Alation OCF Java SDK applications and services that power our data catalog platform. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver innovative solutions that help organizations harness the full potential of their data assets.
At Alation you will:
- Support the design and development of connectors built using Alation’s OCF Java SDK to import metadata into our data catalog platform.
- Contribute to the documentation of the SDK and design enablement materials to help partners and customers building on the SDK.
- Collaborate with customers, partners, product management, sales, and other stakeholders to understand and define project requirements.
- Assist customers and partners in writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code while following best coding practices and software development standards.
- Collaboratively debug and resolve software defects, as well as improve the performance and reliability of OCF connectors.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and to share knowledge with partners and customers.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of new features and enhancements within the OCF Framework.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Java and software development trends, tools, and technologies.
- Identify and document improvements in the development process to increase efficiency and code quality.
- Provide technical support and guidance to customers and partners.
You may be a fit if you:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience in Java software development, including Java 8 or later.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design principles.
- Familiarity with RESTful web services and API development.
- Experience with database systems, SQL, and data modeling.
- Proficiency in using version control systems, such as Git.
- Knowledge of software development tools and best practices, including testing, code reviews, and continuous integration.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Docker is a plus.
If you are a passionate Java Developer looking to join a dynamic team and contribute to the evolution of data cataloguing, we encourage you to apply.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
By submitting your application, you agree to Alation’s Global Privacy Notice for Candidates. If you are submitting this application on behalf of another individual, you represent that you are authorized to submit this application on their behalf and accept the Notice.