Regional Vice President of Sales - Asia
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2023
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is expanding in Asia and is in need of a Regional Vice President located in Singapore to help lead a team of Regional Sales Managers and Account Executives in a rapidly growing marketing. The Regional Vice President of the ASEAN Region provides leadership responsibility for a defined territory within Asia reporting to the Area Vice President of Sales in APAC. The role will be based in Singapore and the candidate must be authorized to work in the country.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of Regional Sales Managers and Account Executives to aid in the performance of the region.
- Developed and grown the region from small to large.
- Execute the business plan, with emphasis on developing and maintaining strong business relationships at the executive level within this geography, driving individual performance of group members and ensuring that the team operates cohesively.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive transactional sales as well as expand the install base.
- Manage Territory Development plans that increase both pipeline and new customers.
- Develop a comprehensive customer relations strategy and monitor its effectiveness through regular contact with customers.
- Develop a coverage plan for assigned geography, including a strategy to penetrate new accounts and grow existing accounts.
- Hold weekly meetings with Account Executives to review pipeline, coverage, etc.
- Identify new business and revenue opportunities.
- Develop plans for target markets including tactics for penetration into new accounts and cross-selling to existing customers.
- Work with the Marketing team to support local Marketing and event efforts.
What you have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10-15 years of work experience in Enterprise Sales.
- 2 plus years in a managerial role.
- Data and analytics experience.
- Strong strategic thinker with the ability to think strategically and analyze the needs of clients.
- Excellent business acumen with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work towards individual or team goals.
- Demonstrated project/stakeholder management/organizational skills.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!