Software Engineer (Java)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Posted on Monday, October 11, 2021
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is seeking a Software Engineer to join our fast-growing team in Chennai, Bangalore or Ahmedabad location - in some cases, remote.
You should have:
- Should have 3-5 years of relevant software engineering experience
- Sound experience in core Java (ver 8 and above)
- Thorough understanding of REST API programming
- Ability to learn and integrate with third party SDK or API
- Expertise in SQL & working experience with any Relational Databases e.g. (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with authentication and authorization mechanisms for API integrations
- Experience in developing and maintaining unit and integration tests
- Experience with build and release process including supporting multiple versions of a software application
- Demonstrable experience in following industry-standard best practices for logging, testing and monitoring
- Experience in large scale test data preparation and performance benchmarking
- Experience writing and delivering modular, testable and readable code artifacts
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting features on a scaled web application
- Good to have experience on python and Go programming languages
- Good to have experience in cloud native applications/services on AWS/GCP/Azure
- Good to have experience with cloud data warehouses like Snowflake, Synapse, Redshift
- Exposure to docker/Kubernetes based deployment
- Good to have Knowledge on gRPC
- Need to have excellent communication skills and interact effectively with customer helping them in identifying and resolve their problems.
Good to have:
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!