Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Posted on Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst to join our fast-growing team in Chennai, Bangalore or Ahmedabad location.
Cyber Security Analyst is responsible for maintaining, improving, and monitoring the security of cloud environments by understanding best cloud security practices. This person will be responsible for monitoring system logs, and latest security threats, understand corporate security policies, monitor the security control and report security violations/incidents.
The Cyber Security Analyst will coordinate with Security, DevOps, and IT teams to ensure security controls and is responsible for the implementation of security best practices.
What you'll do:
- Align current security processes with internal and external security standards such as ISO 27001, SOC 2 and NIST etc.
- Work with the security team in the creation of policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure the security of information assets and cloud systems
- Audit/Review cloud environments and develop automation tools
- Review, understand and translate system logs to identify any security breach
- Monitor cloud systems for any security concerns/issues by keeping an eye on log monitoring systems
You should have:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work
- 4+ years of AWS/DevOps/Cyber Security experience
- Must have worked with implementing regulatory requirements like PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, etc.
- Technical knowledge to understand detailed issues around disaster recovery, security, AWS Cloud and overall IT risks
- Experience in IT security, and work experience with software development companies
- Experience with SIEM tools will be desirable
- Knowledge of Shell and Python scripting
- Knowledge of Web Application security assessment
- Knowledge of OWASP will be highly desirable
- Must have AWS associate level knowledge, preferable certification
- Must have hand on experience with Linux/Unix systems
- One or more security / cloud certifications are highly preferred but not required. AWS SysOps, AWS Advance Network speciality, GCP Cloud Architect, etc.
- Should have a good understanding of security / penetration testing assessments
- Able to work flexible hours to compensate for the time difference between India and the United States
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!