VP, Medical Devices
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
WHOOP is seeking an experienced and visionary VP of Medical Devices to build and lead our centralized medical devices team. The ideal candidate will have a strong hands-on technical background, combined with exceptional leadership skills and a passion for shipping high-quality solutions that include software as a medical device.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for the WHOOP Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) team, driving the development and implementation of innovative solutions that meet business needs and objectives
- Develop and maintain clinical and regulatory SaMD standards, methodologies, and best practices to ensure high quality and efficient SaMD development
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders and departments (Data Science, Product Management, Hardware and Software Engineering to name a few) to align development priorities with business strategy, goals, and objectives
- Oversee the SaMD development lifecycle, from planning and design through development, clinical testing and evaluations, clearance, deployment, and sustaining
- Build, lead, mentor, and develop a team of clinical, regulatory, and systems verification leaders, providing guidance and support to ensure high performance and continuous improvement
- Manage SaMD development budgets, resources, and timelines to ensure successful project delivery
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies in the wearable technology and healthcare space and evaluate their potential for inclusion in the product
- Develop strategies for clinical and regulatory pathways for products that both need clearance and those that don’t but still have clinical relevance
- 10-15+ years of experience in Medical Devices, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role
- Strong technical knowledge of Clinical and Regulatory processes, methodologies, and tools
- Previous experience with SaMD products is strongly preferred
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality medical device solutions on time and within budget, with quality clinical outcomes and seamless regulatory pathways top of mind
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate and inspire team members, and build strong relationships with stakeholders across the organization
- Ability to build a team from the ground up
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets, timelines, and resources effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and analytically
- Knowledge of SaMD development trends, emerging technologies, and industry best practices
- Passion for the health/wellness/fitness space is a plus
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.
See more open positions at WHOOP
Something looks off?