Data Scientist (Coaching)
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As part of the Data Science Coaching team, you will develop technology at the core of WHOOP's business. You will build statistical and machine learning models that coach members to understand how their behaviors affect their bodies, as well as encourage positive behavior change to help members achieve their goals. You will work closely with physiology experts, data scientists, product leaders, and ML engineers. We are looking for a skilled data scientist who is passionate about developing data-driven features that improve our members’ health, wellness, and performance.
- Develop statistical and machine learning models underpinning member-facing coaching features, e.g., explaining factors driving sleep and recovery, and recommending interventions to optimize their performance
- Access and explore data from existing databases to formulate testable hypotheses and potentially new features
- Collaborate with data, ML, and ML Ops engineers to productize algorithms
- Collaborate with our Product team to design features that deliver maximal member-value
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Master's preferred
- 2+ years experience applying advanced statistical, data science, and ML techniques (e.g., causal inference techniques, neural networks, Bayesian statistics)
- Strong Python (including object-oriented programming) and SQL
- Proficiency in data visualization
- Ability to formulate hypotheses, draw conclusions, and deliver results
- Ability to communicate findings and results to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Please mention if you have experience in human physiology, exercise physiology, or athletic experience!
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility
See more open positions at WHOOP
Something looks off?