Business Analyst II (Product Analytics, Growth)
IT, Product, Sales & Business Development, Data Science
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 7, 2023
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
We are hiring a Business Analyst II to partner with our Growth Product team. You’ll gather, clean, and analyze data with a focus on helping WHOOP deepen our understanding of customer acquisition and membership journeys as well as how it relates to long term retention.
We are looking for someone who is intellectually curious, has a data-driven mindset, and is able to mix business knowledge with statistical tools and research techniques to generate actionable qualitative and quantitative insights. You will work closely with the talented WHOOP Product teams across growth as well as core engagement to understand and improve our interactions with members.
- Leverage a mix of marketing, sales and product performance data to develop a holistic view of our growth funnel and drive actionable recommendations for improvements
- Own cross-functional relationships with product managers to design and launch iterative testing, report results, and incorporate learnings into the team’s models of the business
- Communicate findings to technical, non-technical, and executive audiences
- Proactively raise, support, and improve data for answering complex business questions; foster your own curiosity through self-driven projects that meaningfully inform how we work as a product analytics team
- Work collaboratively in a startup environment with a high-performing team
- 3-5 years of experience in a data-intensive role, ideally within hands on experience at a high-growth startup
- Self-starter with the ability to act autonomously within a fast-moving environment, and with a collaborative approach to problem solving
- Experience with business intelligence and web analytics tools (we use Looker and Amplitude) or third-party platforms is required
- Strong technical and analytical skills; SQL skills required. Python is a plus, but not required
- Bonus points for experience with dbt and a clear understanding of ETL, data warehousing, and data modeling concepts and best practices
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.