Lead Mechanical Engineer, Continuous Improvement
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2023
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Lead Mechanical Engineer in Continuous Improvement at WHOOP, you will play a key role in maintaining high production yields and stable manufacturing of our current generation product. You will lead development of new accessory products for the flagship product and work collaboratively with manufacturing and supply chain teams to launch them. You will manage and mentor junior mechanical engineers and assign project priorities based on company needs. You will work closely with our suppliers and our contract manufacturers to improve part quality, maintain documentation, perform failure analysis and improve part designs. You will work closely with members from Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Quality to ensure a successful production ramp-up.
- Managing and mentoring of more junior mechanical engineers
- Generating complex project timelines and organizing resources internally and externally for successful completion
- Communicating engineering changes and project plans to vendors and contract manufacturers
- Managing suppliers, maintaining documentation and bill of materials
- Creating 2D drawings and SolidWorks CAD models
- Generating testing protocols and validation plans, managing testing processes
- Designing fixtures, improving manufacturability and production cycle times
- Performing thorough engineering analyses to identify and resolve issues affecting production
- Complete technical ownership of the current generation product
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in the design, documentation and validation of complex mechanical parts, preferably for medium to high volume consumer electronics
- Proficiency in SolidWorks with best practices for part design, advanced assemblies, complex configuration management
- Experience managing suppliers, product lifecycle management, engineering change orders
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well within teams
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts and proposals
- Strong mentorship skills
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility