Australian Marketing Executive
Marketing & Communications
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP, a leader in the wearable tech space, empowers its members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As the Australian Marketing Executive at WHOOP, you will work to further our growth and expansion in the market. This role works with the APAC Marketing Director, and Global Marketing Team to develop and execute region-centric marketing strategies aimed at building brand awareness, aggressively growing sales, and establishing WHOOP as the undisputed leader in human performance in Australia.
Reporting to the APAC Marketing Director, the Australian Marketing Executive will support all local Marketing efforts relevant to the International expansion of WHOOP.
- Work closely with the WHOOP Global Marketing Team to develop and execute campaigns to drive new member acquisition and brand growth in the Australian market.
- Manage a disciplined calendar of media investments and brand activation activities in partnership with Brand Media team
- Assist with partnership activities, including partner prospecting, proposal customisation and presentation, contract revision and servicing, follow-up and support and event development.
- Own the relationship between WHOOP and Australian Partners - including athletes & influencers. This includes day-to-day management as well as facilitation and fulfilment of all marketing, content and partnership deliverables.
- Outline briefs for creative, data analytics, and media teams to generate content, data stories and copy for local paid, owned and earned media.
- Engage in cross-functional collaboration and work closely with colleagues at WHOOP HQ in order to act as the ‘voice of the market’.
- Support the localisation and adaptation of WHOOP assets across product, web, creative, PR and communications to ensure local relevancy.
- Report on effectiveness and impact of marketing initiatives in the market with tracking and analysis while continuing to optimise accordingly.
- Represent WHOOP at events and functions.
- 3+ years of Marketing/Sponsorship experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a closely related field
- Strong understanding of the Australian media landscape, commercial environment and competitive landscape.
- Critical thinker with great problem solving abilities to identify areas of opportunity and improvement on a consistent basis.
- Strong relationship management and communication skills, comfortable holding both partners and internal stakeholders accountable
- Team player but works well independently to balance looking at the larger picture at hand with prioritisation of day to day initiatives.
- Adaptable and thrives in a dynamic and fast moving business
- Is comfortable with constant change, is self motivated and collaborative.
- Willingness to travel as required
- Passion for sports and fitness strongly preferred
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
This role is based in Sydney, Australia. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Sydney, Australia location.