Junior Assembly Technician
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
Infleqtion is a global quantum technology company solving the world’s most challenging problems. The company harnesses quantum mechanics to build and integrate quantum computers, sensors, and networks. From fundamental physics to leading edge commercial products, Infleqtion enables “quantum everywhere” through our ecosystem of devices and platforms. Position SummaryWorking in our manufacturing area with a growing team, this role will be responsible for assembling sub-component products which will contribute to a final product assembly. This role requires good manual dexterity, ability to conduct visual inspections, understanding of mechanical/engineering equipment, and commitment to follow all safety processes. Job ResponsibilitiesThe duties and responsibilities outlined below include essential functions of the role. Depending on business needs, this role may perform a combination of some or all of the following duties. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Following directions, identify and gather necessary parts to be used for assembling Opto-mechanical devices from detailed drawings.
- Identify and locate necessary tools and equipment for assembly process.
- Build assemblies, documenting steps taken, and processes followed.
- Conduct visual inspection throughout processes to ensure proper build and quality standards are achieved and maintained.
- Perform necessary maintenance and housekeeping activities to ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Working with your line manager to maintain the internal inventory system and ensure there is adequate stock for each order present and future.
- Work to plan and report back in individual project and department meetings – reporting any delays immediately to line manager.
- Working with projects to complete a variety of skilled tasks assigned by your line manager to aid in the advancement of such projects.
- Follow standard operating procedures to ensure quality assembly.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- Awareness of lean manufacturing principles
- Able to visually assess quality of raw and assembled products
- Good physical dexterity in order to assemble small components into sub-assemblies
- Proficient in MS Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills, able to effectively share information with technical and non-technical staff
- Good collaboration skills, able to work in a team environment where engagement and participation are an expected part of successful job performance
- Competently able to use hand tools, and small equipment such as a desktop press, tap machine
- Prior experience working with lasers (Desirable)
- Prior experience working with optics (Desirable)
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous company pension contribution
- Cycle to work and Technology schemes
- Incentive Stock Option Plan