Seasonal Intake Bicycle Technician
The Pro's Closet
As the world’s largest retailer of pre-owned bicycles, we’re passionate about helping cyclists find their next great ride—and making sure high quality bikes keep rolling. We believe that every bike has a next owner, and that we all benefit when we keep more bikes on roads and trails. Some call it “recommerce.” Some call it “the circular economy.” We call it common sense. We created our innovative Certified Pre-Owned bike process, where our expert mechanics meticulously inspect every part on every bike to ensure that high-quality bikes stay in motion longer. We obsessively curate our ever-evolving new and pre-owned inventory, including frames, components and wheels. We track the market and technical trends, and only take the bikes that meet our exacting standards. Our process evolves with the cyclist, from Certified Pre-Owned bikes, to risk-free 30-day returns, to our Guaranteed Buyback program. TPC. We’re changing the way cyclists buy bikes.
WHAT SETS TPC APART:
We are committed to building a great company and we believe this starts with great people and a great company culture. Each individual has a key role to play in TPC’s success, but we all work as one team dedicated to constant improvement and efficiency. We welcome making mistakes and learning from them.
Our structure allows you to take responsibility and shape the company for the better and be recognized for it. From top to bottom, we adhere to core beliefs in transparency and openness. We love to work hard, but always leave time to ride bikes.
The seasonal role is expected to end mid/late December.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for a motivated Seasonal Intake Bicycle Technician to join our growing operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for expertly unpacking and assembling a large variety of high-end bikes, frames, wheels, and components. You will also be responsible for the cleaning of these bikes to ensure that every bike meets our Certified Pre-Owned Standards. We will provide on-the-job training to teach the basics of bike assembling and cleaning.
To be successful in this position you must remain flexible, learn quickly, have a strong work ethic, and have a willingness to help our dynamic team environment in any way possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Daily participation in a proactive team environment that involves a “continuous improvement” approach
- Follow company procedures to carefully unpackage bikes, frames, and wheels and safely separate packaging material
- Inspecting and assembling incoming bikes
- Cleaning of bikes, frames and wheels
- Removal and reinstallation of bike components
- Operating automatic parts washer to clean bike components
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and safe work environment
- Assist in additional tasks to support other departments as needed
- You have strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic, must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse and office atmosphere
- You are comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment
- Enthusiastic about the outdoor/cycling industry, the people it attracts, and all the gear!
- Must be physically capable of bending, squatting, repetitive hand and wrist movements, including twisting and lifting 50 lbs. Also must have stamina to stand 8 hrs./day
THE PERKS OF WORKING AT TPC:
- Salary Range: $19.50-21/hr., depending on experience
- 401k with generous company matching
- Eligible for up to 6 paid company holidays and sick leave
- A fun, relaxed, and flexible work environment
- Monthly all-hands company meeting keeps you engaged and connected to the business and your team members
- A culture of transparency with regular updates on company performance
- Group rides and amazing industry discounts
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and is committed to creating and celebrating a diverse work environment. We hire solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, sex, gender expression, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.